1. Who was the first chief justice of the Supreme Court at Culcutta established under the Regulating Act of 1773 ?
Ans. Elijah Impey
2. The Archaeological Survey of India was set up during the viceroyalty of:
Ans. Lord Curzon
3. Which is the most ancient language of Indo-European language family ?
4. Who started the newspaper called ‘Voice of India’ ?
Ans. Dadabhai Naoroji
5. The official language of the Satvahanas was:
6. Under whose patronage was Sangam literature composed ?
7. Who deciphered the Brahmi script?
Ans. James Princep
8. Young India was founded by:
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi
9. Who gave the call ‘Back to the Vedas’ ?
Ans. Dayanand Saraswati
10. Who established the Swadeshi Steam Navigation Company ?
Ans. V.O Chidambaram Pillai
11. At which place where the three Sangam Literacy Assemblies held?
12. The Sikh Kingdom of Punjab was annexed by the English East India Company in:
13. Who wrote ‘History of Dharam Sastra’?
Ans. P.V Kane
14. The first Indian Factories Act was passed in:
15. The Greek king defeated by Chandragupta Maurya was ruling from:
16. Who was the Chola king under whose reign Brihadishwar Temple of Tanjore was constructed?
Ans. Rajaraja I
17. Who was the President of Indian National Congress during the visit of Cabinet Mission in India?
Ans. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
18. Who was the writer of the book ‘The Indian War of Independence, 1857’?
Ans. V.D Savarkar
19. Where is Babur’s tomb situated ?
20. Which Mughal Emperor abolished the old custom of ‘Sizda’ ?
21. Who is known as the father of Renaissance?
22. Which American President is related with “Gettysberg speech”?
Ans. Abraham Lincoln
23. Which is popularly called as the Bloodless Revolution in World History ?
Ans. Glorious Revolution
24. The method which is used to determine the geological age of a fossil ?
Ans. Carbon 14 dating
25. Who has given the name Pacific Ocean to it?